Accessibility statement for The Big Thank You
As an organisation NHS Leeds CCG is committed to making our website accessible for all. We aim to achieve the recommended government standard for web accessibility (WCAG 2.1 AA).
Magpie Creative Communications Ltd is an organisation NHS Leeds CCG has commissioned to deliver public facing campaigns.
Magpie Creative Communications Ltd is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
As a website user you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We also aim to make the website text as simple as possible to understand.
Measures to support accessibility
Magpie Creative Communications Ltd takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of The Big Thank You:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
The Big Thank You is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA.
Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of The Big Thank You. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on The Big Thank You:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Twitter: @we_are_magpie
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The Big Thank You is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Internet Explorer 11 with JAWS version 15 or later on Windows
- Internet Explorer 11 with ZoomText v10 or later on Windows
- Firefox (latest version) with NVDA
- Safari with VoiceOver on iOS and OSX
The Big Thank You has limited compatible with:
- Microsoft Edge support is limited though will work in some cases
Accessibility of The Big Thank You relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of The Big Thank You, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for The Big Thank You:
- Embedded tweets in the gallery: The accessibility of the iFrames used for embedding thank you messages from Twitter is limited. Alternative text has been provided where possible and methods for making the tweets available are being investigated.
- User submitted imagery: Some of the user submitted imagery does not have associated alt text. Where available alt text is presented.
Magpie Creative Communications Ltd assessed the accessibility of The Big Thank You by the following approaches: